Sunday, August 30, 2009

Living and TEACHING in St. George, Utah!


So after a summer of filling out job applications, rewriting my resume five or six times, interviewing with several different principals, and getting over a thousand "stress" zits, I finally get a job offer at a brand new charter school in St. George, Utah. The only problem is that its an elementary school. I have only taught at Jr high and high school levels. I am not experienced in teaching at an elementary level. I wasn't too keen on taking the job but to be honest it was my only offer and the school year was starting, so I needed to make a choice, asap.
What do you do when you need to make a life-altering decision in a limited amount of time?......pray about it. So I did and I knew right way that I needed to take the job and move to St. George.
I've now been here for almost a month and a half. I just moved into an really cool, really expensive, apartment. I currently have no furniture but its nice to have my own place.
I love the town, I love my ward, I love the friends that I have here and most of all I LOVE TEACHING AT THIS SCHOOL. It is hard and I've had to make some major adjustments to my teaching style, but I do love it. It has its ups and downs being a brand new school but the overall experience has been amazing. I get to work with one of my coolest friends(I heart you, Brit), I also get to see Tuacahn shows, do day trips to Vegas, and I'm only 6 hours away from the family. I also think St. George is one of the pretty places in the southwest.
So far its seems like the place I need to be. I just hope that the next year here will be as amazing as this past month has been. :)

1 comment:

Birdy said...

I never read this before. Awwwwe. I heart you too. Those were the days. That was such a crazy year. Hopefully we can work together again someday. :) Love love.