- Dial M for Murder - After I came home from London I basically had to jump in right away into stage managing BYU's Production of Dial M for Murder, written by Fredrick Knotts. It was a really great experience. It pushed me as a stage manger (I had over 300 cues to call). I had the chance to use the revolving stage in the Pardoe theater at BYU. It really was a great (yet stressful) experience.
- The Belle of Amherst - While I was stage managing I was working on my senior directing project. I knew I wanted to pick a show that had a small cast, was easy to cut, and I was passionate about. I have always loved Emily Dickinson's poetry and in high school I had seen a movie of the play The Belle of Amherst, written by William Luce, which is a one woman show about Emily Dickinson's life. I decided that because of school, work, and Dial M that I needed to keep the work load of my play light. So I chose to do The Belle of Amherst. I asked one of the secretaries in the Theatre office, Elizabeth Funk, to play Emily. It was a really good production. I was very pleased with the look and feel of it. Of course there are things I would have liked to change but overall it was good. It was a very enlightening and growing experience for me.
- Poland - The first week of December 08 I had the opportunity to accompany George Nelson, a theatre education professor at BYU, to Warsaw, Poland. We went over there to work with various education and theatre groups. It was awesome! I made many friends, learned some polish, and basically feel in love with Poland. I loved it so much that I was making plans to move there. I can't wait to go back and visit.
- Student Teaching - From January to April, I student taught theatre and film at Riverton High School in South Jordan, Utah. It was seriously a life changing experience. It was hard and frustrating but it help me see that I have a passion to teach and that I love theatre. It reaffirmed that I was graduating in the right major. I love that school.
- Antigone - While at Riverton High School, I was asked to direct the Regional and State competition piece, Antigone. It was a great production (if I say so myself). I was really proud of the acting abilities of my students. At Region, we got straight superiors, which is the highest you can get. At State, we got one superior and two excellents. I was sad about the outcome of state but the students put a lot of work into it and I was just so proud that it really was a great production.
- Graduation - Just a couple weeks ago, I officially graduated from Brigham Young University in Theatre Arts Education. I didn't really want to walk in the graduation but I promised my parents I would. So Marshall, JC, Mom, and I drove up to Provo (my Dad flew) for graduation. Kohl and his wife, Chris, where up there already so they met up with us for my commencement ceremony. I'm glad I walked because it made the idea of graduating real for me and it gave me the chance to celebrate. I also enjoyed catching up with friends and the people I love. I'm really glad I've graduated but I will miss the friends that are still there.
Thanks for reading.