Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Plethora of Shows: my London Theatre experience.


Here is the official list of all 46 shows that I had the chance to see while I was studying in London. As you can see it is a very long list and each show was a huge learning experience for me. I truly felt like I was in theatre heaven. I sucked the marrow out of the London theatre scene and I was filled to the brim with the joy of experience good theatre (and some bad). Hope you enjoy the list. If you want to know more about any of the performances just let me know and I will fill you in.

Theatre brings me closer to my Savior and helps me understand the importance of the gospel in my life. Theatre is a rare outlet where we can see up close the human existence and learn from it. It connects us to the divine. I know that Heavenly Father loves theatre and my experience in London confirmed that to me. So enjoy.

The Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre (musical)
Small Change at the Donmar
The Lover/The Collection at the Comedy Theatre
Richard III at the Royal Shakespeare Company’s Roundhouse
Into the Hoods at the Novello Theatre (hip hop/break dance show)
The Sleeping Beauty at the Royal Opera House (ballet)
War and Peace 1 & 2 at the Hampstead Theatre
Visiting Mr. Green at Trafalgar Studios 1
The Year of Magical Thinking at the National Theatre
King Lear at The Globe
Happy Now? at the National Theatre
Marguerite at the Theatre Royal Haymarket (musical)
Chess in Concert at the Royal Albert Hall (musical)
Pygmalion at the Old Vic
A Midsummer Night’s Dream at The Globe
The Bird Sanctuary at the Rosemary Theatre
The 39 Steps at the Criterion Theatre (spoof)
Hello and Goodbye at Trafalgar Studios 2
Fram at the National Theatre
Billy Elliot at the Victoria Palace (musical)
Gone With the Wind at the New London Theatre (musical)
God of Carnage at the Gielgud Theatre
Aspects of Love at the New Wimbledon Theatre (musical)
The Cherry Orchard at the Chichester Festival
Wicked at the Apollo Victoria Theatre (musical)
Life coach at Trafalgar Studio 2
Good Soul of Szechuan at the Young Vic
The Pitmen Painters at the National Theatre
Mamma Mia! at the Prince of Wales Theatre (musical)
Troilus & Cressida at the Barbican
Harper Regan at the National Theatre
Romeo and Juliet by the Royal Opera House (ballet)
Romeo and Juliet at the Open Air Theatre
Brief Encounter at The Cinema Haymarket
The Merchant of Venice at the Royal Shakespeare Company’s Courtyard
The Taming of the Shrew at the Royal Shakespeare Company’s Courtyard
Major Barbara at the National Theatre
The Lord of the Rings at the Theatre Royal (musical)
The Deep Blue Sea at the Nimax Theatre
The Chalk Garden at the Donmar
After Life at the National Theatre
The Merry Wives of Windsor at The Globe
Story of a Rabbit at the Pit Theatre at the Barbican (multi-media performance art)
Fat Pig at Trafalgar Studios 1
Jersey Boys at the Prince Edward Theatre (musical)

(the picture is of me at The Globe Theatre at the production of King Lear)

No comments: