Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Is it really the circle of life?


The first show I saw here was Disney's The Lion King. It was the first time I have seen it and I was really blown away by the spectacle of the production. The costumes, set, and lighting were amazing! The first scene when all the animals gather to honor Simba was breathtaking. But other than that it was kind of a let down. The majority of the acting was really campy and cheesy. The singing wasn't the best either. One of my favorite songs in the world is the song that the grown up Simba sings about his father called Endless Night. That song is deep and emotional and if sung right can really stir great emotion. Unfortunately the actor playing Simba screamed the song rather than sang it. It was a hard blow to us as audience members. On the other hand the actresses playing Nala and Rafike were brilliant. Their voices were amazing and their acting was strong. Overall I give this production a 7 out of 10.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I am sad that yours wasn't all over brilliant... but good to say you've seen it- the spectacle really is something that can't be recreated... quite incredible. I saw it at gammage- I would've given it at most an 8...

speaking of ocho ocho... 3 weeks today till you come back to play!!

Heather said...

Saw it in NY - and it was good but definitely not my favorite. The visuals are really cool though! Glad you got to see it :) What else???!!!

Joy said...

Hey Mitchell! I saw your blog through Heather's, I love that you are in London! That is so awesome, I bet you're having a blast! I saw Lion King in San Fransisco, I agree it is a good show to see. I'm excited to read about all your adventures!

Lauren Noll said...

Mitch!! I miss you. Write about more shows!!